Bulk email marketing services has been available for more than a decade. While in the past those services were mainly associated with unsolicited email messages and spam, today, thanks to permission based email marketing, bulk email marketing services can be very useful for any online business.
In essence, bulk email marketing includes various electronic messages (newsletters, information and advice, promotional messages, etc.) regarding products and/or services a company is offering. The main difference between this type of marketing and bulk email spam is that people who receive the emails have specifically opted in to receive them.
There are various bulk email marketing services you may use. On the other hand, you should be very careful which service you will be using as not all offer the same quality. Here are the 5 main things to look for when selecting your email marketing partner.
- Bulk email spam vs. opt-in email. If you are planning to use a service that will also provide you with lists of recipients for your commercial email messages, make sure the people in the list have specifically signed up to receive those messages. Not only permission email marketing is much more effective but sending unsolicited commercial messages to people who never asked to receive them from you may have serious legal consequences
- Background check. Before hiring bulk email marketing services, carefully check their customers’ record and company history. Needless to say, you should go for a company that has been in the business for several years and have a list of successful past assignments.
- Asses your needs. There are numerous email marketing services available – some offer basic email marketing while there are companies that offer a broad range of services. Of course, the price also differs. Think carefully what your current needs are and go for a service that best matches your requirements. It is also recommended to consider what your near future email marketing needs will be and check if the service you plan to use can accommodate them.
- Pricing structure. Check very carefully how much you will be paying for the bulk email marketing services you have decided to use. Also, make sure you review their overall pricing structure and make sure there are not any hidden costs and charges.
- Trial period. It is recommended that you look for a company that offers free trial period. This will allow you to get an idea how to service works, what methods and techniques it employs and asses the level of the services offered.