According to data from the Direct Marketing Association (DMA), almost 90% of American marketers use email marketing to keep in touch with their customers. Furthermore, there are numerous other advantages of email marketing that make it one of the most effective as well as probably the least expensive marketing technique today. So, the real question is whether to use email marketing software or hire a company to take care of your campaigns on your behalf.
There are advantages and disadvantages to any of the above mentioned options. Large companies would probably find it easier to hire a company that can take care of their overall marketing including email marketing. Small online businesses however rarely have the resources to do that. There are numerous email marketing products that they can use and achieve great results. Here are short reviews of the top 5 online email marketing software.
- Aweber. Not the cheapest option but definitely one of the top email marketing software for 2012. Aweber allows you to send commercial email messages to a list of 500 recipients, has social media integration and comes with over 150 ready-to-use email templates.
- Get Response. Excellent email marketing software that will allow you to send electronic messages to 1000 subscribers. Although this software doesn’t have HTML generator, it features more than 350 email templates. Get response also has social medial capabilities, comprehensive data reports and analysis and comes with one month free trial.
- Constant Contact. Constant Contact has been around for over a decade now and is one of the most widely used email marketing software. It is really easy to use and has useful data export capabilities that other comparable products do not offer.
- iContact. Email marketing software that offers over 500 email templates, HTML generator, social media integration, comprehensive data reports and analysis and exportable data. Similar to Get Response, users benefit from one month free trial.
- Vertical Response. This is one of the most affordable products that offers comparable functionality to the other email marketing software reviewed above. Users can benefit from 700 ready to use email templates and multiple useful features to integrate their email campaigns with social media websites and get detailed reports about their performance.
Permission based email marketing is the best way to get your message through thousands of customers while saving a great deal of money on paper and postage. Furthermore, it allows you to create interactive email messages that are much more efficient than conventional printed ads. Last but not least, by using good email marketing software, you will be able to create email campaigns that perfectly match the specifics of your business.Tags:permission based email marketing, email marketing software, marketing products