Permission based email marketing is one of the most powerful online marketing strategies you may use – it requires minimum or no investment and provides fast results and increased sales numbers. Nevertheless, a successful email marketing campaigns ultimately depends on the quality of the email messages, and most importantly – on the way the emails’ subject lines are written. The following 10 email marketing subject line tips will help you start writing professional subject lines for your email marketing messages.
- Avoid the SPAM folder. One of the greatest risks related to using bad subject lines is that your permission based emails ma end up in the spam folder of your recipients’ mailboxes. Needless to say, when that happens it is pretty much over with your marketing campaign and any future promotional emails you may send to these recipients. And that is why the first of our 10 email marketing subject line tips is to be extra careful with: currency signs, excessive punctuation, too needy messages, hype messages – these all look like spam and definitely lower your credibility.
- Be consistent. Be consistent with the format of your emails subject lines. Consistency not only looks very professional and builds up credibility but will help your customers recognize your emails easily.
- Subject line length. There are various email marketing subject line tips that suggest the subject line of a permission based email should be as longs as it needs to convey the subject line message. But since most email clients and web based email services can only display certain amount of subject line characters, it is highly recommended to keep your emails subject lines within those limits. Typically, you can up to 50 characters including punctuation and spaces.
- Create catchy yet meaningful subject lines. The subject line of an email is much like the title of a book – it needs to grab recipients’ attention and yet – to offer some information. That is why there are hundreds of email marketing subject line tips dedicated solely on the ways to create good subject lines. In fact, there is just one thing to keep in mind when writing the subject line of your next promotional email message: does it offer value to my customers?
- Reap out the full benefits of your promotional email subject line. As discussed above, well written email marketing subject lines can make the difference between a successful permission based email marketing campaign and a total disaster. The most important factor in email subject effectiveness is how much it appeals to the reader. And in order to make your email subjects really appealing, you need to know your target audience.
Get the rest email marketing subject line tips here.Tags:email marketing subject line tips, permission based email marketing